Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read Chapter 8 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
For this discussion, address the following questions:
- How is unemployment calculated, and what is and is not included?
- What were the unemployment numbers for the latest three quarters?
- Why is unemployment mentioned in business news so often and used as an important metric for our economy?
- What might cause the unemployment numbers to be questioned from an accuracy standpoint and a relevancy perspective?
- How is unemployment impacted by the phases of the business cycle?
Your initial response should be a minimum of 200 words. Graduate school students learn to assess the perspectives of several scholars. Support your response with at least one scholarly and/or credible resource in addition to the text.