Unit 3 Lab: Adding a Hard Drive
Outcomes addressed in this activity:
- Modify the system to add storage devices, such as disk drives, to the system.
- View available disks.
- Partition disks.
IT275-2: Configure the key features of the Linux operating system.
This lab focuses on adding a hard drive to a Linux system.
Review the Unit 3 Lab Rubric (under Course Resources, then Grading Rubrics) before beginning this activity.
- Using the techniques discussed in the readings, complete the lab in A Cloud Gurucalled “Managing Disks, Partitions, and File Systems in SUSE Linux Enterprise.”
You will have 2 hours to complete the lab. Run the command echo your name `date`. Note: The ` symbol is next to the number 1 on your keyboard.
- Take screen captures of the aforementioned information, along with the output of the “Create a Partition and Filesystem on…,” “Partition and Create A Filesystem Using Yast,” and “Mount the Drives to the System…” sections.
- Finally, write a paragraph on what you have learned in this lab and any items you still need to have explained.
Your lab document should include:
- Required screenshots, as outlined in the Instructions tab, pasted inside a Microsoft Word document. Multiple screen captures are okay.
- A paragraph describing what you learned and what you still have questions about.
- Both in-text citations and references for all sources. For more information on APA style formatting, go to the resources under the Academic Tools area of this course.
- No spelling, grammar, or APA style errors.