Module 7 Discussion
Female Patient Cases 5
For this Discussion, your instructor will assign you three case numbers.
Define preconception period and discuss why this is an important time for women who are planning to get pregnant.
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) recommends in its guideline’s aspirin 81 mg daily.
G.P is a 32 primigravida patient who blood type is B Rh negative. She is on her first trimester and have a vaginal bleeding episode.
The Diagnosis criteria for Pre-eclampsia based on the ACOG guidelines and the maternal and fetal complications related.
C.C is a 36-year-old female patient known in the office who came to consult you because she has been feeling left breast tenderness, low grade fever and malaise for about four days. She delivered her baby 3 months ago and is breastfeeding. You found the left breast warm and painful when examined. Fissures on nipples presented.
Discuss three fetal screening and include:
Questions for the case
· Why folate supplement is important.
· Following the guidelines of the United States Preventive Service Taskforce (USPSTF) how you would recommend the folate to be taken. by women who plan to get pregnant?
· Name dietary sources for folate.
· Name patients with higher risk who indicate a need for folate. supplementation is recommended.
· To which group of pregnant women do the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) recommend in its guideline’s aspirin 81 mg daily? Explain.
· Following ACOG what would be the appropriate management for this patient?
· Discuss the Diagnosis criteria for Pre-eclampsia based on the ACOG guidelines and the maternal and fetal complications related.
· List your diagnosis and support.
· If infection is suspected which bacteria are usually involve in this process.
· Discuss a management plan for C.C (pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment).
· List patient’s education and recommendations.
· Screening test name.
· Screening test components.
· Gestational age to perform the test, what d. Defect (s) will be screening.
Once you received your three case numbers; answer the specific question on the table above. Then, continue to discuss the 3 topics listed below for your case:
1. An effective health assessment incorporates not only physiological parameters; please suggest other parameters that should be considered and included on health assessments to reach maximal health potential on individuals.
2. Name the different family developmental stages and give examples of each one.
3. Describe family structure and function and the relationship with health care.
· Your initial post should be at least 500 words, formatted and cited in current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources. Your initial post is worth 8 points.
· All replies must be constructive and use literature where possible.
· Please post your initial response by 11:59 PM ET Thursday
Your assignment will be graded according to the grading rubric.
Identification of Main Issues, Problems, and Concepts
Distinguished – 5 points
Identify and demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the issues, problems, and concepts.
Excellent – 4 points
Identifies and demonstrate an accomplished understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
Fair – 2 points
Identifies and demonstrate an acceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
Poor – 1 point
Identifies and demonstrate an unacceptable understanding of most of issues, problems, and concepts.
Use of Citations, Writing Mechanics and APA Formatting Guidelines
Distinguished – 3 points
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Exceptional use of citations and extended referencing. High level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
Excellent – 2 points
Effectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. Moderate level of APA precision and free of grammar and spelling errors.
Fair – 1 point
Ineffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. Moderate use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need more precision and attention to detail.
Poor – 0 points
Ineffectively uses the literature and other resources to inform their work. An unacceptable use of citations and extended referencing. APA style and writing mechanics need serious attention.