1 / 1
Saint Leo University
COM 510: Principles of Cybersecurity Management
1. Using a Web search engine, find an article from a reputable source, published within the past six months, that reports on the risk coming from inside the organization compared to the risk coming from outside the organization. If the article notes that this relative risk is changing, how is it changing and to what is the change attributed?
3. Search your institution’s published documents (or another organization’s), including its Web pages. Locate its values, vision, and/or mission statement, as well as strategic goals. Identify any references to InfoSec. Also look for any planning documents related to InfoSec.
3. Using a Web search engine, visit one of the popular disaster recovery/business continuity sites, such as www.disasterrecoveryworld.com, www.drj.com, www.drie.org, www.drii.org, or csrc.nist.gov. Search for the terms hot site, warm site, and cold site. Do the provided descriiptions match those of this chapter? Why or why not?
4. Using the format provided in the text, design an incident response plan for your home computer. Include actions to be taken if each of the following events occur:
5. Look for information on incident response on your institution’s Web site. Does your institution have a published plan? Identify the areas in an academic institution’s contingency planning that might differ from those of a for-profit institution.
1 / 1